Help! My male Bolivian Ram got this white thing near his head..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BolivianRams

Aquarium Advice Regular
it's white and it's iching him badly. Is it fungus? how can i cure it. It's causing his scales to enlarge kinda

Sound like ich to me. Maybe some of the more experienced freshwater people will chime in here. But if hes rubbing against things, and its white, then it sounds like ich.

I don't think it's ich, I know what ich looks like but this is like one huge white patch not little white dots on fins etc. I think it might be fungus , either that or pH or ammonia burn? Not sure cuz my water quality is really good, I change water daily

If it is fuzzy it is a bacterial infection or a fungus. Hopefully you have a hospital tank you can set up so you don't have to stress out the whole tank until you figure out what you are dealing with. Look up columnaris and see if that is what it looks like.

actually it does kinda look a lot like columnaris! what do i do how should i cure it

Maracyn and Maracyn Two works with columaris and other fungus and bacterial infections.

it looks like that except there is no thin strings attach to that spot. It's just a white patch and I think it's partly swollen

Back
Top Bottom