Help my Paradise Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADCISCO

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got up this morning to check my fish and I went to the kitchen to look at the paradise fish and it was gone!!!!!!!! I had taken the rest of the fish out of the qtank and put them in the 29 gal yesterday. I look all over the tank and didnt see him....asked my 7yr old if she saw him...no....I looked over in the sink and there he lay!!!!!!!!! He looked dead.....looked like he had been there for a while kind of dried out so I got the net and started to get him out of the sink and he moved so I scooped him up and put him in the tank and he started to swim....not very well but now he is swimming better and his color looks a little better. I added some stress coat to the water is there anything else that I can do for the little guy??? How long could he have been out of the water and still been alive? Do you think that he will survive? Poor little guy. We had a passing of the one foot dwarf frog yesterday....Speck....poor little guy and I really liked him....he was just starting to get active!

UPDATE: I think that he might have a slight case of ick.... I can see why after that kind of stress there are a few specks on him so I went ahead and added some meds to his tank. Thank god this was the qtank! Gonna have to get a hood after this little event!

Sorry to here about your paradise fish, that is one hell of a shock for the poor little thing. Just basically keep your eye on the poor little thing. i would say white spot (ick) will definately raise it little head. what ever happens treat one thing at a time, i don't think he will have much strength to fight off to much at once.

Good luck, and keep us posted on his condition.

Well he is still swimming but I got to looking at him a minute ago and now I think that he is getting fin rot.I added some Melafix in hopes that might start to work. Will it interfere with the ick medicine I already have put in?I just dont want him to die. He was one of my favorite....crazy but I think we had a bond.lol :wink:

The Melafix won't interfere with the ich meds, but it may not be strong enough. You may want to consider something a little stronger. Give it only a day or 2; if it seems to be getting worse try Maracyn and Maracyn2 or Kanacyn.

We just went and bought a hood for the tank and moved it away from the sink. I think the only funny thing about the whole things was that he jumped in the sink.....there was a full bucket of water in the sink not 2 inches from where he was laying. So if he had jumped a little to the right we wouldnt be going threw all this now. :roll: I just hope he makes it. I do have to say that his back fin looks better already, But he is just laying around on the bottom right now. I took the filter out because of the ick meds and I had to totally drain the tank to move it.....now there is all kinds of gunk floating in the water after I put the water back in and no filter to filter it out. Either Im gonna kill him or he is going to go on his own...he may have black lung after all the gunk in the water and the sad thing is that I just cleaned the gravel about 4 days ago! Just when things were going so good. :cry:

Urk! Get the filter back in there! The only thing you need to remove is the carbon if there is any, but the filter itself needs to be in the tank and running. If the filter media is the type that comes with the carbon sealed in it, just make a slit in the media with a sharp knife or a razor (be careful), and take out the carbon. Double check you water parameters as well; you may have removed most of the bacterial colonies with the water change and the filter removal.

I didnt actually change the water. I just drained it all into buckets and put it back in there after I moved the tank. As for my fish...He looks great this morning and is frisky and seems very happy now! So lets pray for the best. The water looks much better now too. Crazy fish! :lol:

ADCISCO.
Glad to here your fish is a lot better, your fish probably feels like he good do with a good holiday after the last few days he's had hahaha,

Oh, and by the way. :new-bday:

Yay :) Good to hear he's doing so much better!

And happy belated b-day :) Hope you got all you wished for.

Allivymar,
LondonGman has been into the shop today, nice guy. Had a chat for quite a while, and he moaned abit about trying to find my shop hahahahah we are tucked out of the way a bit.
He asked why you have *glares at Terry* on the bottom of your messages and i told him you are the Cycling Guru. hahahahahaha When it comes to cycling a tank your the best.

*grins* Thanx Terry; I'm looking forward to meeting you guys over the holidays; we're looking into getting tix now..yay!

*we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread* ;)

Back
Top Bottom