**Help needed a.s.a.p please**

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ginty

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi guys my platty is acting very delicate. im going to buy a hospital tank today.
it just on the bottom of the tank wriggling. i can see any mark or spots. until i get my hospital tank ive got her in a net because my gupoies must sense she not right and keep pecking at her. im going to do a water check. ill post results in a minute.
what can i do?
one of my white mountain clouds was like this months ago. i went to a fish shop to seek advice and by the time i got home he died :'(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

hi guys my platty is acting very delicate. im going to buy a hospital tank today.
it just on the bottom of the tank wriggling. i can see any mark or spots. until i get my hospital tank ive got her in a net because my gupoies must sense she not right and keep pecking at her. im going to do a water check. ill post results in a minute.
what can i do?
one of my white mountain clouds was like this months ago. i went to a fish shop to seek advice and by the time i got home he died :'(

ammonia: 0ppm
nitrite:0ppm
nitrate:20ppm
chlorine:0
ph:8.0
kh:10°d
gh:16°d

1396174998432.jpg1396175027889.jpg

ive put her in a breeding box. because my guppies keep pecking. ive added a bit of stress coat as i can see any signs of burns or spots.

please help guys. she was my first fish. ive only had her since december. id be gutted if i lost her.

Without any signs of illness and water conditions are good...it is just a guessing game.

Sorry I could not be any help and good luck with her.

thanks for your replies.

i feared this. im not sure but i think her body may be slightly bent.
if so what could this be?

I've never recomended this before, if it were my platy I'd give it a salt dip, I don't even know why it popped into my head, I must have read it on here before...

I've never recomended this before, if it were my platy I'd give it a salt dip, I don't even know why it popped into my head, I must have read it on here before...

sorry. what is this??
im a beginner to this. ive only been doing it since December

she isnt doing well. she is trying to swim now and she just spins around. 1396200721808.jpg

1396212946580.jpg

thes were taken at 1800hrs. uk time.
ive looked up illnesses. and it sounds like swim bladder.

ive cooked some frozen peas, took the skin off and mashed the peas up. since she has eatten some, she is swimming normally. just going to have to keep my eye on her now.

So you were new to fishkeeping in december and bought this fish in december?? How long was the tank setup before the platy was added?

So you were new to fishkeeping in december and bought this fish in december?? How long was the tank setup before the platy was added?

i was given the wrong advice from the pet shop. i left my tank running fishless for a week. then the petshop said it was ok to add fish.
i added two plattys and two mountain cloud minnows. the minnows died after 1month but my plattys whave been ok up until now.

my tank finished cycling over one month ago.
i do realise now that i started wrong.
ive got a new tank that im cycling fishless until i put my plattys and guppies in.

Back
Top Bottom