Help not sure what's wrong!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New_b0401

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just bought this tank yesterday and it has WAY to many fish probably about 40 fish in a 10 gallon! There are molloes fancy guppies some shell dwelling cichlids a cory cat and 2 1 inch plecos and a crap ton of snails! I need help I think some fish might be sick but not all and I think there are some guppy mollies mixes. Let me know what you think I should do trying to get these guys seperate asap! Into different and larger tanks but if there are sick fish in the tank I want to treat then before I go around moving them.
Big black eyes?!?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1402925764882.jpg
    1402925764882.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 71
The fish witb fancy blue and black tail. Its bigger the my mollies but looks like a guppy? Crossbreed?

Attachments

• 1402925887772.jpg
    1402925887772.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 65
What are these larger then my mollies about 3in..

Attachments

• 1402925965989.jpg
    1402925965989.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 68
Some of the fish that I cant decided what the are have almost no dorsal fins or fins at all and swim very awkwardly one even looks like he's been awful beat up. Please help not sure what to do with these fish or how to treat them!

The big black eyes happen when my guppies are stressed out. Some times they go back to normal some times they die. The first picture looks like a large female guppy I've only just found out that they can cross with mollies so I can't say what one would look like. The picture of the white fish with no dorsal, I've seem my guppies get that bent back, usually they end up dying a slow death. Idk what causes it. Maybe an expert will chime in.

My best advice is to keep every one separated from your healthy tanks for at least two weeks and reassess. What kind of snails? Any thing you care about? Or just pond snails?

No I want most of them gone im not sure what they are two or three kinds in there right now. I know there are assassin snails but not sure on the others

Still looking to find out what I can do to help these poor fish. Can I use medicine should I put them out of their misery move them to a new tank? Are they sick or just stressed?

I asked about the snails because most of the medications are counter indicated for snails, shrimp and scaleless fish. You could check if malefix would be safe for the other fish.

Ok thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom