help, parasite clear made my angelfish completely campfined

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pogostick

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi i have a 20L tank and i keep it at 26deg C (sorry Auzzie) I have two guppies and an angelfish. One of the guppies and the angelfish has been showing signs of internal paracites, ie eating spitting out and long stringy clear poo. I ordered some jungle parasite clear and dissolved the right amount before adding it to the tank (figured it treat the whole tank as two out for three of them have symptoms) and when i put the dissolved medication in the angel started twitching and all fins clamped like i have never seen before. Is this normal????? I did a 50% water change cos i didn't like his reaction to the meds. Has this happened to anyone else??

I would try to find an oral med. Good for you for changing the water right away though! Hopefully soon, someone else with angelfish experience will pick this thread up. :)
Welcome to AA!

Hi thanks for the welcome and thanks for the speedy reply. Will have to look into oral meds although with them spitting out their food it might be a problem.

The only time my angelfish twitch is when they are squaring off with each other and the twitching is apparently their way of trying to intimidate each other (There is actually an audible sound that my one angel makes when twitching. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this!?). If indeed your angelfish is in a 20 liter tank, I would sincerely think about upgrading the tank or returning your angelfish. Just keep doing water changes to see if your angel returns to normal.

He is only little at the moment and i do have an 80L tank but am waiting to move house before i set it up. Don't think he is trying to intimidate anyone cos the twitching only started when i put in the meds. I will keep up the water changes and hopefully that will help, thanks

Back
Top Bottom