Help Please!! Fish are sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you certain the Nitrate test is being undertaken properly? You have to shake the hell out of bottle No 2 (30 seconds), and then the test tube (60 seconds).

The bent position of the fish may suggest high nitrates...?

Would be worth retesting...
Yes, I have shaken and shaken every time. I just tested again about 10 minutes ago and the nitrates are still showing 5-10ppm (looks closer to 5). I cut up a pea and got him to eat it using tweezers. If the bent position is because of Nitrates is there anything to do for it? I really just can't figure out what is going on.

I have been doing water changes, not that big though. I was using "Prime" during my "recycling" so my fish would be safer. I haven't been using that in over a week though. Would that affect anything? I have done lots of water changes since. After the power outage the highest ammonia reading I had was .50-1ppm and 0 nitrites and low Nitrates.. every time I checked. I kept the ammonia as low as I could around .25ppm with the Prime. I have the "bent" fish in the hospital tank now with a second round of Tetracycline. I can't see any difference it has made so far :(

I forgot the exact dosage, it's a lot, like 2.5 Cups per 5 gallon bücket sing half frech and The bücket to fill a Ten gallon. Google it. Brackish is what you wankt. Or to be Safe Bus small bag of Sea Salt. But this is Wasteful to treat One Fish, unless you can auffordern and wankt to have on Hand for later.

Im sorry about The random german! Its my iPad. 2.5 Cups into Ten Gallone will make The water brackish or half strengt of Ocean.

Thank you to the ones who tried to lend your help and advice. Unfortunately he did not make it for me to get the methylene blue. :( :(

Apologies for not answering when you asked about epsom salts. My sister got married yesterday, so had a very busy day. The salt to use is aquarium salt or cooking salt.

Sorry to hear about your fish. When a fish gets to that point of laying bent over, it is almost certainly because internal organs are failing. There was probably little you could do. In the picture, the fish looks quite thin, which would back up the possibility inernal problems. I suggested the salt as this can help the fish to regulate its osmoregulation and prevent overworking the kidneys during periods of illness and stress. I used salt many years ago to help a goldfish that was bent over loke this. It worked on three occasions for the same fish, but eventually ne succumbed to whatever his problem was.

Back
Top Bottom