help please! my dojo loach is very sick :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashcc

Aquarium Advice Newbie
my dojo loach lives alone in a 10 gallon tank. he recently started staying at the top and floating belly up, but he is still breathing. i havent seen him eat and when he moves around it is as if he is blind. his whiskers are limp too :(
its not ich, but i dont know what is wrong! i have had him since march and he has always been happy and healthy. he has been living on his own now for about a month.
he has been sick 3 days now, I have done a 50% water change. I have also noticed swarms of little tan bugs, some of which are on his body, but mostly covering the aquarium rocks and silk plants or swimming through the water, about the size of a grain of sand, and dont look like the photos of bugs I have seen. please help me, I love boowinkal, he is the best fish and I cant bare to lose him now! :(

Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but this sounds like a very serious internal parasite. Belly up means the swim bladder has failed. Easiest thing to do now is cool him and let him expire. He is too far gone at this point. :( Dwayne

Wait don't feed him anything except soft mashed peas he has a chance for survival my goldfish lived.. A swim batter infection is not necessarily a life sentence :/ but it can be fatal

thank you for the advice guys, unfortunately my little guy didn't make it though the night :nono::bawl:

Back
Top Bottom