Help Please!! Sick mollies and guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jennifer37

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gallon tank with mollies and guppies.Here is the problem I have lost 2 guppies and now I have a sick molly no signs of ick are parasites.The amonia is 0 and the nitrate is 0 and the P.H. is 7.5.They just start hanging around the bottom and die or the top I have two double filters running and I have 3 bubble stones going.Please help me find out what is going on.:(

Any nitrItes? When was the last water change? Did you add dechlorinator? Any physical signs at all? How long has the tank been setup? In a cycled tank there should be some nitrAtes. What kind of test kit are you using?

help please

Nitrates are 0 and I did a 25% water change last night and there is absolutly not signs of ick are anything like that.

help please

I did use dechorinator also and the only signs of destress is they will hang around the bottom or right at the top.:confused:

Did you test for NitrItes? Not nitrAtes. Is the test kit strips or liquid?

Any rapid breathing, red areas, whitish areas? Parasites are not the only thing that can occur in an aquarium? Are the sick fish new?

help please

It was Nitrites and it is liquid and rapid breathing is a symptom no red spots,and no the fish my fish had them and they are about 4 months old.

OK so no ammonia or nitrite. That is good. Is there anything that might have gotten into the tank at all? Cleaners etc? Do you have a sand substrate? If so do you stir up the sand periodically?

help please

Now the molly is on the bottom upside down rapid breathing.I just don't understand what is going on.

You have a tough one on your hands that is for sure. I don't know exactly what is going on but suspect perhaps a bacterial infection internally. You could try removing the sick molly to a small QT tank and see if there is improvement.

Back
Top Bottom