Help! red tail fish 2 year's old swimming upside down for 2 days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amcoarts

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can anyone give me suggestions? I called the pet store and they suggested putting it in a bottle to pressurize it to see if that helps for and hour and it didn't. He also said frozen peas? Should I seperate this fish from my other's? I have two large kissing guamies, 1 rainbow fish, tiger shark and another larger shark that's grey. Tank is 55gal and just added a few pitchers of water a week ago because it was getting a little low. Feeding them dry tropical fish flakes. All levels are in normal range for 55 gal tank.

Putting it in a bottle to pressurize it?

What are your exact readings?

Last water change?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Can anyone give me suggestions? I called the pet store and they suggested putting it in a bottle to pressurize it to see if that helps for and hour and it didn't. He also said frozen peas? Should I seperate this fish from my other's? I have two large kissing guamies, 1 rainbow fish, tiger shark and another larger shark that's grey. Tank is 55gal and just added a few pitchers of water a week ago because it was getting a little low. Feeding them dry tropical fish flakes. All levels are in normal range for 55 gal tank.

That's interesting on the bottle. Did they say why?

Most I've seen suggest a QT with low water level (assuming fish is on display tank bottom), so the fish is transferred to lower pressure environment.

Yes, that is what the guy at the fish store I bought the shark at said to do so I did. I am all out of strips so I cannot tell you the exact levels but as I said when I checked it yesterday with my last strip they were all in normal range for a 55 gal fresh water tank.

Yes, that is what the guy at the fish store I bought the shark at said to do so I did. I am all out of strips so I cannot tell you the exact levels but as I said when I checked it yesterday with my last strip they were all in normal range for a 55*gal*fresh water tank.

Back
Top Bottom