help rosy barb sick after tank change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aretha20

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi i moved my 4ft tank to a 3ft tank mved all stones water and ornaments out of the 4ft into the 3ft never cleaned the filter just topped the tank up with clean water moved all my fish and since then they have been happy but 1 of my rosy barbs has become sick she has got thiner and now she sits up the top back part of the tank at the surface of the water near the outlet pipe can someone help me as my black molly seams alittle out of sorts as well :confused::confused::(

2 angels 3 rosy barbs 1 happy widow 1 molly 1 black tetra

How long ago did you do the move...what size is this 3ft tank? and when was the last time you did a partial water change since the move? If you haven't done a partial water change yet, I would go ahead and perform a 50% water change.

i havnt done a water change of the tank since i moved it 2 weeks ago i moved nearly all my water from my old tank over to the new one and kept the filter the same just conected it up and then just topped it up the tank is 3ft long 2ft deep 2ft wide the rosey barb she died the other day she was bleeding out of 1 of her eyes my new problem is my small algea eater keeps attacking 1 f my angel fish just seems to have a grudge on the poor mite gets so violent with him :(

What are the tanks parameters? What sucker fish do you have? Chinese algae eaters are known to be territorial (attacking) and sucking on flat type fish

i dnt know what the parameters are i get them checked at the pet shop they just say there ok i think its a chinese algae eater i think because there is no algae in the tank hes looking for protine i need to get some algae wafers today see if that calms him down :eek:

Most pet shops use test strips which are highly inaccurate, I would recommend getting a liquid test kit, preferably The API master test kit. They are worth there money ;)

If you are sure That you have an chinese algae eater, I would recommend getting rid of it. As it gets older, It gets more aggressive.

Once you got your water parameters, tell us ;)

Back
Top Bottom