Help sick goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's not perked up. I help him iny hand and tried to syringe fees him but he didn't want any

Sent from my SM-G850W using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Okay tested with api master test kit
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 10-20

Ok - these must be the test results after the water change? They are very good. Do you have the pH as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ph is always around 8 where I live. Yup that's after the water change

Yes he is

Ph is always around 8 where I live. Yup that's after the water change

Could you test the ph anyway, as it can change after it has stood in the tank. For example, where I live (Melb Australia) the ph will always drop to the 6s once it goes in the tank, if it is not treated. I've noticed that a low ph can make goldfish feel sick, and they start staying at the bottom of the tank.

It is between 8 and 8.2

The other possibility is that he has parasites such as worms. You are giving him good foods such as blood worms, but he looks quite small and thin for a fish you have had for some time. Has he ever been treated with Prazipro?

It is between 8 and 8.2

The ph seems fine, perhaps a tiny little bit too high, but not as problematic as a low ph, which is always my problem.

I've only given him blood worms twice since I have had him. I'm not sure how old he is. Is he small?? To be honest, I am not the expert with goldfish. I am better with tropical. So I'm trying my best ?

He seems to be breathing a tiny bit more than he was...

I've only given him blood worms twice since I have had him. I'm not sure how old he is. Is he small?? To be honest, I am not the expert with goldfish. I am better with tropical. So I'm trying my best ?

You are certainly doing all you can for him at the moment, so hang in there.

It might be time to consider changing his diet to good quality foods, as he does look quite small (which could be due to a number of factors).

I recommend a good quality sinking pellet such as New Life Spectrum, and frozen dinners (that you defrost before feeding) such as the blood worms, brine shrimps and veggies.

I am so please to hear he is breathing a little better. The water change would have helped. I would keep up with regular water changes and perhaps keep the tank quiet with any aquarium lights turned off. He will be feeling vulnerable and so as peaceful as you can make his tank at the moment will help him.

I'll keep an eye out for your posts.

Thank you for all your help!! I will let you know if he makes it. I will switch to that food. Before I got him he was eating tropical flakes. I switched him to omega one goldfish flakes. As that was the best food my fish store carried. I will definitely search for that better food. I think a store here carries it.

He didn't make it ?

RIP Castiele I wish I could have done more for you. ?

Back
Top Bottom