Help sick guppy trying to save her

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mousefue

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I have had this guppy for maybe about 1 year now she the funniest fish ever from day one she never could swim right
always at an up ward angle
She is eatting and swimming fine
But she as become bloated over night and she is just laying on top of one of the ornaments
she does like to sit here on objects
she has done this many times before
But she wasn't never been as bleated as this before here r pic

She is in the tank with
6 platies
1 Plex
5 tetras

Did water test and all perfect temperature is 27c
And the filter is clean
All the other fish looks fine just this one

And can anyone tell me if she is a male or a female please
She has always had the bump in her back xxx

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410701094.163003.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410701122.031487.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410701158.458714.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410701320.921775.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Any way To can save her plz zzz
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410719672.470260.jpg

Any way To can save her plz zzz
View attachment 249992

Well, if it is a female, she looks almost pregnant. Has she had babies before? They can store sperm for a long time - though I am not sure if they can for a year.

In the picture, she does look heavily bloated and maybe isn't pregnant. Have you considered trying an epsom salt bath (NOT aquarium salt)? I learned from experience that aquarium salt makes them retain water and is contra indicated for constipation and epsom salt helps relieve retention.

If you try an epsom salt bath, look up the proper way to do it, I don't want to give you wrong information.

Have you tried the smashed pea method?

I had a bunch of fry that all of a sudden got super bloated and I thought, maybe they were pregnant as they are about the age to reproduce. Then I thought they couldn't all be pregnant and ready to give birth at the same time.

I fed them a smashed pea and they went back to normal size very quickly. Also look up how to prepare the pea. I took frozen peas, microwaved in water for 30 seconds. Ran under cold water. You must also remove the outer shell.

Ok tks I will read up on this and I will try the pea way 1st and see wot happens but she got big over 2 days and she has not had baby's before but she has always leyed in things like this before xx

Oops, the fins near the anus are a v shape for females and pointy for males. Also, the peas have to be just peas, not buttered or anything.

Ok super tks x

Ok tks I will read up on this and I will try the pea way 1st and see wot happens but she got big over 2 days and she has not had baby's before but she has always leyed in things like this before xx

Keep us posted. Good luck.

Yep will do tk u so much x

Back
Top Bottom