Help sick silver dollar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Christelle

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, i have a 150l fresh water tank, with 2 silver dollars, angel & 2 balla sharks. This past weekend i cleaned my tank and today i saw one of my silver dollars are very puffy looking and his eyes are swollon like balloons. Im not sure if it is pop-eye because it doesnt look like his eyes is popping out it looks more like his eyes are swollen?can any one help me please with some advice please!!?

Christelle said:
Hi everyone, i have a 150l fresh water tank, with 2 silver dollars, angel & 2 balla sharks. This past weekend i cleaned my tank and today i saw one of my silver dollars are very puffy looking and his eyes are swollon like balloons. Im not sure if it is pop-eye because it doesnt look like his eyes is popping out it looks more like his eyes are swollen?can any one help me please with some advice please!!?

Is his eyes big? If so I believe he's stunted. I don't know how many gallons 150 liters is but silver dollars need really big tanks, so do bala sharks and angels need 30 gallons+. My guess is he's stunted.

Thanks for your reply! 150 liters = 39.6 gallons. I think my tank is big enough. Yes his eyes are big, its like swollon around his eyes and his body is also swollon and it looks like he cant see anymore... I hate seeing him like this. If he is stunned, is there something i can do to help him?

You mention that he is bloated. Have his scales started to stick out yet? He is suffering from the effects of being dropsied. Dropsy is a symptom of disease and not a disease itself. It can result from a internal bacterial infection, a virus, parasites or poor water quality among other possibilities. His organs are no longer properly processing fluid and it's accumulating in his body. Are you able to qt him?

Back
Top Bottom