Help! What's happening to my black moor's eye?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrsmop1973

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've just had a message from a friend that is babysitting my 2 three year old black moors while I'm working abroad. They're in a 60L biorb tank. I did a 50% water change before I left 3 weeks ago. Now one of them has a weird bubble forming just above one eye. I haven't had any previous health issues with these fish. What should I do? My friend doesn't have much fish keeping experience...

Attachments

• IMG-20220920-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20220920-WA0003.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 14
A 60 litre tank isnt big enough for goldfish and the filtration on biorbs is terrible. Throw in a very infrequent water change schedule and it could just be their living conditions catching up with them.

At 3 years old your fish should be adult size, so 6 to 8". What size are they?

Is your friend able to change water? Are they able to test the water parameters? Or maybe take a sample of water to a fish store and ask them to test for report the parameters?

Over feeding can also be a problem, often especially from inexperienced helpers.

Confirming what Aiken said, all can be a collision of issues.

Could beginning of Popeye which is usually sparked from poor water conditions. If you may have replaced a filter pad then beneficial bacteria would have been tossed out.

Back
Top Bottom