HELP! what's my Bala doing?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stotts

Aquarium Advice Regular
What is he doing?!? I've never seen him do this before and why is his top fun reddish?! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388161198.018943.jpg

What exactly is it doing that's abnormal? What are your tank parameters? Size? How old is the bala?

A year old, not sure and it's a 65 G, the balla is like 4 inches

I'd start there, if your ammonia or nitrites spike or nitrates get to high than that could explain abnormal behavior in your fish.

Last time I did one was like 1.5 weeks ago? Probably a 35%?

But how do you explain his fins turning red? And I have this weird stuff in the tank ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388166502.542668.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388166516.626104.jpg

I can't explain the fins, I'm not any expert on balas, I'm just trying to get proper info in the thread for you so when someone that does know bala's jumps in they will not have to ask you all these questions, you should really test the water and do a 50% wc

Okay thanks, ill do that when I'm home, I really want to know what's wrong with their fins

Yeah my biggest guy doesn't have red fins, and I can't recall exactly what I feed them but it's high end stuff

No I feed both pellets and flakes, pellets 2 days in a row then flakes

2 plecos 2 catfish 1 cherry barb (I know they are aupposed to be in groups) and then 2 random guys

One of them is very close to the surface, not really gasping for air

Back
Top Bottom