Help with bloated guppies and pale cardinal tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Annmargaret

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Advice needed!!! All my fish are dying one after the other! I have a community tank with guppies plattys cardinals neons glass catfish and danios! My guppies are bloated and there's red veins on their belly area. Also my cardinals lost their red colour?? What is wrong that all the fish are dying??? Help!

Annmargaret said:
Advice needed!!! All my fish are dying one after the other! I have a community tank with guppies plattys cardinals neons glass catfish and danios! My guppies are bloated and there's red veins on their belly area. Also my cardinals lost their red colour?? What is wrong that all the fish are dying??? Help!

I would create a new tread regarding this. More people will be able to help you. What's your water's parameters?

I don't know! I only know that I have a 100 litre tank and the degrees are 26C that is what we measure our temperature in South Africa! I am fairly new to this new fish hobby and would like some advise?

My guppies are bloated and there's red veins on their belly area

This sounds like a classic case of Septicemia.

I've had my best survival rate by treating with trisulfa fish meds. It is widely available in the US under many brands, but it is almost always labeled Trisulfa.

Treat all of the fish in the tank.

Follow the package directions carefully, as different manufacturers have different instructions.

What size tank do you have, and what numbers of each type are in it btw?

Hi there thanx for replying! I am living in South Africa an we measure our water in litres and have a 100 litre tank. I started with this new fish hobby about two months ago! I have a nice community tank 6 showguppies 5 cardinal tetras 5 neon tetras, 2 redtail tetras, 2 zebra danios 2 leopard danios, 2 red danios 4 glass catfish, and all my guppies is dying bloated bellies with white discharge and the tetras are losing their red colour and becoming pale and also a few has died. I don't know what to do I'm too afraid to purchase new fish! What can I do??

Back
Top Bottom