Help with Dwarf Gourami!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaffooJ

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello! I bought a dwarf Gourami yesterday, along with 10 neon tetras for my 20 gallon tank. The tank has been cycled and the neon tetras are all fine. My gourami however is either at the top or bottom, just swimming and breathing really heavy. I have an airstone, and both of my filters are providing lots of air. The gourami also isn't eating much, and if he does he just spits it out. The parameters are all 0, and the pH is at 7.8. Any help is appreciated! :fish2: :thanks:

Can you QT him to somewhere quiet with a little water flow? I've had them come back from being off (either off at store or not adjusting well) and found they have a better chance in their own little tank. Took about a week before they started eating properly. Was just starting to think of parasite treatment when they came good.

Sound does scare him a lot. I have a 10 gallon I could move him to. This morning he was better, but still jumpy. He started eating the flakes, and he was picking at the plants a little. I think I'm going to relocate him until he is better. Thanks for the help!

Does sound good - fingers crossed.

I had white poop for 3 or 4 days and they were not in great shape but bounced back ok. So far anyways.

Back
Top Bottom