Help with Sick Molly Plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trynitey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay, my molly had flex/mouth fungus and I got some Maracyn 2 for him and medicated him in a hospital tank. Well, the timing is up for the medication and he doesnt seem to be any better. His mouth fungus isnt as bad, but he kinda lays close to the bottom of the tank and kinda goes to the side. What do you guys suggest? Is there no hope for my fishy?

I had the same problem with one of my bettas. I medicated the tank for one day and the next day he was laying on the bottom. I continued to medicate the tank for about 3 more days before he was up and swimming around again. I medicated the tank for a total of 5 days before I stopped just to be sure that the flex was gone.

When you say that the timing was up on the meds, was that for the first dose? It may take a few days before the fish will feel good enough to swim around. Hang in there, I don't think that at this time that all is lost for your poor molly. Good luck!

When I meant that the med time was up, I meant the whole 5 days. I'm going to give him 5 more days and see what happens and if all isnt well and he is getting worse, I'll search at other alternatives. :(

Back
Top Bottom