Helpppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clownknifecrazy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
my clown knife fish is missing patch of skin infront or maybe a white patch of his top dorsal fin....is he gonna be okay im and freaking out ive had him for about 4 months and i would be devisated if he passed:(

What size tank is he in?
How did it happen?

You are going to want to keep the water very clean and watch for infection and/or fungus.

What size tank is he in?
How did it happen?

You are going to want to keep the water very clean and watch for infection and/or fungus.

he is in a 10 gallon and about 6in i plan on gettin him a 55 in the near future...i have no idea how it happend i just noticed it when he came to the front of the tank

You are going to need a bigger tank than that very soon (like yesterday). Clown Knives can grow to 40 inches and should be in a four foot long tank when they are small and moved to an even larger tank as they grow. Sorry to say, you have an uphill battle ahead of you that you are not likely to win. I wish you the best. Keep the water super clean by doing PWCs daily.

You are going to need a bigger tank than that very soon (like yesterday). Clown Knives can grow to 40 inches and should be in a four foot long tank when they are small and moved to an even larger tank as they grow. Sorry to say, you have an uphill battle ahead of you that you are not likely to win. I wish you the best. Keep the water super clean by doing PWCs daily.
i am getting money in like 2 weeks and i plan to get him a bigger tank also im quite new to this site so what does pwc mean?

PWC = Partial Water Change

I suggest a 50% PWC daily, with fresh treated temperature matched water, to keep the water as clean as possible. Keep a look out for any signs of the condition worsening. If it does get worse you may need to treat with meds. Which meds I'm not sure of but someone here will know if it comes to that.

Are there any other tank mates that may have caused it? Any sharp decorations or rocks?

Back
Top Bottom