Hi Can someone help me with my three plattys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishKeeper2015

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay so I got three platys and put them with leopard puffer( im dumb):) anyway they would swim around normally but now they just lay on the ground. BTW the puffer is not in the tank anymore. HELPImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430436840.771024.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Did you test the water? Sometimes a bit of freshwater perks my fish up. Maybe they miss the puffer lol
I have mollies and once in a while they will lay at the bottom if something scared them. Maybe when you took the puffer out it stressed them?

45 gal. freshwater and 10 gal. female betta tanks

Did you test the water? Sometimes a bit of freshwater perks my fish up. Maybe they miss the puffer lol
I have mollies and once in a while they will lay at the bottom if something scared them. Maybe when you took the puffer out it stressed them?

45 gal. freshwater and 10 gal. female betta tanks

Well they got nipped tails from the puffer and the puffer ate one fish so I think it might be that but puffer has been gone for almost 4 days. Did a 50 percent water change on sunday

Depending on how long they were with the puffer along with the stress of having him taken out it could be just residual stress but It might be good to test your water just incase.

So will my fish get over it cause the big bully puffer is dead he died or are they gonna die. I need to plan

We could help a lot more if you provided complete info about your water parameters and typical tank keeping habits. The questions to answer are in the sticky at the top of this forum.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

I need to get the water tested but i also have a killifish and a tetra in there(poor tetras buddy was eaten) they are doing amazing so i think the water is fine. Still gotta test it though.

Back
Top Bottom