Hiding GloFish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mj1957

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
Thank you ahead for taking the time to help me with my hiding GloFish.
I have a 10 gallon tank with 5 GloFish and all seem to be doing well except for one of the fish. I have a heater, an aerator and a filter/pump in the tank. It has a lid with LED lights that I will turn on for several hours during the day. This is my first tank in years and I have never had GloFish, so not even sure if anything is wrong, but I think it is.
The tank has only been operational for about 14 days and I've added water one time, to bring it to level, but the fish in question was already acting weird prior to that. I am feeding them Tropical Flakes by Aqueon. I do not have anything to test the water with. So my questions are,
1. What should I get to test the water with?
2. My fish I call Little Boy Blue, as he is a vibrant blue, has started hiding, or so it seems. He will kind of rock back and forth in one spot, but doesn't look sick, just doesn't come out and swim around like the others. I also watch him while I am feeding and I do not see him eat, but he might be sucking food in and I just can't see well enough to know for sure. Is there something wrong with him? What should I do?

Are they all the same species of glofish? Which species did you get? There are different types: barbs, skirt tetras and danios. 10 gallons might not be big enough (depending on which ones you got).
What is your water change schedule? You can ask your local fish store to test the water for you if you don't have a test kit. Liquid test kits are the best.

I. don’t think there are any species of glofish that will thrive in a 10 long term. When I quarantined mine in a cycled 10 I still had to do daily water changes to keep water parameters good.

So yeah, Definitely get kits or have the store test the water.

See any white stringy poo?

Back
Top Bottom