High Nitrite Levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goldiefishy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey Guys,

Over the last 3 days i have noticed my fish have not been as active as normal, and have now had 3 Tetras die (2 x Rummy noses and 1 x Black phantom). I tested my water this morning and everything is fine except the nitrite levels are high (~1-2mg/L). I did a 20% water change and tested again and they are now ~0.5mg/L.
I have a 23L tank and i just introduced 2 x Clown Loaches a little over a week ago. My tank has been set up for over a year now with no problems at all once since the tank was cycled. Im just wondering what could have caused it and what I should do to fix it?
My initial though was it could be re-cycling because i added my new fish (which has never happened before when introducing new fish) but the ammonia levels are 0mg/L?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks heaps.

So... I have just noticed that some of my Tetra's have small white spots on them, which according to google suggests Ich?? Please help, i have had another Phantom tetra die today :(

Treat Ich by raising the temperature. There are several threads with instructions, just use the search function.

What type of filter do you have?

Clown loaches will out grow that tank in time as well.....

Keep up the water changes.

Back
Top Bottom