High Temp Ich Treatment + Otos + Fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiffi

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have recognized white dots on my female dwarf gourami first, some fishes are itching themselves on plants etc. So I'm pretty sure it's ich and already started to raise the temperature.

My tank is planted, so I don't want to use the salt method, just heat (as I have heard is supposed to work fine).

What about my Otos and my Endler and Kribensis fry? Will the high temperature of 86F harm them?

Do I actually have to have two weeks of 86F altogether or two weeks after the last spot was seen?

That's one of the good things about using the heat method alone. So many other living things cannot tollerate salt. Raising the temp gradually and keeping it at 86F should not create any problems for the fry, though you may have some burning of leaves, especially the crypts. They should bounce back if there is any.

Yes, the temp should be maintained for 2 weeks after the last visible ich spot is gone from all fish.

Good luck...we hate ich. :evil:

The increase in temp will increase their metabolism, which is a bigger deal for fry, so you may need to feed them more often.

Back
Top Bottom