Highly INJURED Dwarf Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

titanic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
I´m new in this forum and i'm here to seek help from you guys. So i was in my LocalFishStore when i see a beautiful pair of Dwarf Gouramis (Colisa Lalia) i decide to bring them home because my thank is empty (cycled,Fully working and plant, lights, filter, gravel and all those things but no fish) btw. i don't need a heater because i live in Panama and here we are at C°30 all year round. After proper acclimatization both look very nice until tragedy happens. One of my beloved Gourami got stock (god knows how) in a window of a ceramic ornament that was on the tank. I tried everything (breaking the ornament, pushing) but nothing seem to work. After year-long minutes i decide to pull her until she got out. I did it the most soft and delicate way possible. After that she got her dorsal fin seriously damaged along with some scales on the head. After that she swims and eat properly. In spite of the events should i worry? Should i put her in another thank with preventive medication? Will her recover her fins? Is she in pain? Will she fall ill?:(:(:(:confused::confused::confused:

Attachments

• Photo Feb 06, 10 56 52 PM.jpg
    Photo Feb 06, 10 56 52 PM.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Photo Feb 06, 11 00 19 PM.jpg
    Photo Feb 06, 11 00 19 PM.jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Photo Feb 06, 11 06 59 PM.jpg
    Photo Feb 06, 11 06 59 PM.jpg
    463 KB · Views: 75
  • Photo Feb 06, 11 51 09 PM.jpg
    Photo Feb 06, 11 51 09 PM.jpg
    483.9 KB · Views: 89
She will heal just fine, if your really worried you can add aquarium salt to help out and reduce stress

Looks like a male to me. but regardless, it does not look to be very badly injured imo. Hopefully there is not much internal injury. But, even if there is, not much you can do besides wait.
As for the fins, IME, clean water is usually the best way thing to help a fish heal. Keep on eye on it, and if it looks fine, then just let nature take it's course. If you see any signs of fin rot, then I suggest using an broad spectrum antibiotic to help clear it up. but, no need to medicate if there is no issue. I don't suggest preventative antibiotics because it expends a lot of money on something that can stress the fish unnecessarily.

Thank you for you replies :):). You just made patr of my worry go away. Today is just as energetic and joyful as yesterday :)

What's an IME?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom