HIHD, other infection or head wound from rock/wood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nwsharksfan

Aquarium Advice Activist
Noticed my Chocolate Cichid isn't looking so hot. Infection or wound from making a head dive into something? If infection - treatment suggestions?

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 61
1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the best of your ability (i.e. cotton like growth, bloated, etc.).

Chocolate Cichlid. Has one clear disc looking thing that appears to be breaking off the top of his head and scales look like they're sluffing off.

2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.

0 amonia 0 nitrites 20 nitrates 80 degrees just before weekly water change. PH not taken - but usually 7-7.5

3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?

92 gal. Set up for 5-6 years

4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known.

1 Fluval 406 and 1 Rena Filstar FX3

5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?

1 Pearl Gourami, 1 Congo Tetra, 1 tiger oscar (6-7 inch) and 1 Choc Cichlid

6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?

25-30% water changes weekly

7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?

Choc Cichlid has been in the tank for about 2 months

8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?

Not yet - but I'm about to add Phosguard to filter cuz my phosphates are through the roof.

9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?

Alt Hikari Gold, Hikari Bio-Gold Plus, freeze dried krill, and i give a frozen cube of beef heart about once a week. No change in diet - exept I have been dropping the occasional fly/mosquito/moth in the tank which the Choc Cichlid has been the sole taker of.

Back
Top Bottom