hole in fire eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aceopolise

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a fire eel that's about 10 inches and I noticed today he has a pen tip size hole started near its spine. Should I quarantine it or should I treat the whole tank? I'm a little lost and want to do what's best for the tank

Hi! What's his tanks substate? What's his tank mates? Never heard of a hole in a fish, I will be curious to see what this turns out to be.

Its a substrate gravel mix. 5 cherry barbs, 4 cat fish, 1 pleco, 2 flying fox, 1 electric blue ram , 1 pear guroami, 1 dwarf guroami and 1 red belly newt

Its a substrate gravel mix. 5 cherry barbs, 4 cat fish, 1 pleco, 2 flying fox, 1 electric blue ram , 1 pear guroami, 1 dwarf guroami and 1 red belly newt
ok well I used to have fire belly newts and they don't belong in fully aquatic aquariums. They need land. Fire eels also need a sand substate other wise they can scratch and damage their skin. Other than that nothin else could've done that I don't think. I highly advise removing the newt ASAP unless you have a very large tank with a section of land.

Top water plant

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131124_232101.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131124_232101.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 75
  • ForumRunner_20131124_232109.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131124_232109.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 76
Ok, looks cool. Keep your parameters good and water very clean and see if it heals up on its own. I honestly don't know what else to tell you, I've never had a problem with holes in fishes other than in oscars and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom