Hospital tank size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

What's the minimum size for a hospital tank? This would be for typical community fish, as well as some cichlids. Nothing larger than 3 inches, most smaller. For those occasions when need to isolate and treat one or more.

Space is at a premium where I am, so I would like to keep the size as small as safely possible. I was thinking of maybe an Eclipse 6 if that's viable.

Thanks.

When I get my bigger tank, my 10 gal will be used as a hospital tank. I'm going to buy 2 dividers because one or more will be used for breeding. I deffinantly wouldn't go below 2.5 but anything above 10 gal isn't nessasary unless your using it for more then one purpose. In that case buy another tank.
:arrow: As allways buy the largest you can occomodate!

I like to stay with the 10 gal. You could go as big as you want, but will pay more for meds as the doses will be larger. I think it's a lot easier to keep the water stable in a 10 gal. then a 2 or 5 gal. and the 10 is still fairly small. The last thing you want is to have your water turn bad on you and now your sick fish is\are dead. Also most medications are measured in 10 gal increments; this just makes medicating that much easier.

My quarrantine/hospital tank is 10-gal and I think unless you have very large fish that is adequate. I would prefer a 20, but I always want more tanks!

Back
Top Bottom