How do you add your medicine....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tasha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everyone. Please bear with me, im new to all of this. Im never quite sure how to add stuff to my tank. Wether its the regular salt and water condition, or melafix or other remidies to make them better.

Is there a proper way. I know some have to have the carbon out of the filter for. and I know how much to give but when adding the regular stuff like salt and water condition at water changes for example, what I do is disolve the salt by stirring, and put the condition in the bucket as well, and pour it into the tank then usually i'll have to add another bucket of water, but this has nothing in it? Should I not add it all in the first bucket? or does it not matter?

Then when adding things like melafix, do I just dump it into the tank anywehre? should I put it in or under the filter so it gets moved around?

It sounds silly, and it may not matter, but if it does I want to make sure im doing it the right way.... thanks.

Pimafix and Melafix are the only two meds I'll put in my tank. I have only used them once, and I just dumped them in.

Why are you adding salt?

right now im upping my temp to 86 adding salt and melafix to treat for ick, cloudy eye, and worms... but I usually do add salt as per instrucions because I was told mollies like a bit in their water and it keeps them a bit healthier?!

That's a different kind of salt... Mollies are fine in strictly fw, but can also be put in bw and sw tanks. Water changes will take care of the cloudy eye... upping the temp and adding salt will help with the ich. I wouldn't add salt though after you get the ich taken care of. Waste of money IMO

Back
Top Bottom