How Do You Make Hospital Tank Safe Again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trustemedia

Aquarium Advice Freak
If you have a hospital tank you use to place a sick fish in, how do you make sure it is safe when you need to place another fish in it so that those fish don't get infected? Or what if you want to use it for a pregnant fish or fry in the meantime while you don't have any sick fish? How do you make an infected tank safe again?

Wash everything with a light 1:20 bleach to water solution. Rinse well and add a quality dechlorinator such as Prime to ensure the chlorine residue is eliminated. The last step is normally dont use activated carbon in any of filters but I do after a outbreak of disease since I tend to be a little heavy on bleach, this will remove any residues, pesticides, and many other potential contaminates.

I go with very high heat for a short amount of time the best way to do it is by putting a large heat source directly into the water you can try a hair dryer or toaster for best results

Cardex said:
I go with very high heat for a short amount of time the best way to do it is by putting a large heat source directly into the water you can try a hair dryer or toaster for best results

... Funny.

I would stick to the bleach ;)

I will.

I wasn't sure what amount would be safe and if it was safe. Wasn't sure what type of an agent to use. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom