How long do you leave in hospital tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellieca

Aquarium Advice Addict
2 of my female bettas in a sorority clamped up for no apparent reason, I removed them to a hospital tank last Sunday, did the 5 days of Maracyn & Maracyn 2, Thurs was the last treatment. They have been back to normal for the last 3-4 days, eating, active, color back to normal, etc. I was going to leave them in QT for another week BUT I noticed today another female has a lump on the side of her head, towards what would be the back of the head. It's not discolored & it hasn't burst . . . yet. So leave her in the main tank or swap her with the two in QT & treat her somehow?? I'd rather not put her in with the 2 in QT. I haven't taken her pic yet but will here in a bit. BTW the main tank is 46g, 0 ammo/nitrites, <10 nitrates, temp 78-80F, weekly 50%+ water changes.

Thank you Andrew. I actually had another challenge present itself so . . . in any case Miss Lumpy is doing well, the lump doesn't appear to be growing & she's active & eating like a pig.

Back
Top Bottom