How Long to use Quick Cure for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeybabs

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I've been into the hobby for about 3 months now, and none of my fish have gotten ich. I just recently got 4 large cichlids and put them in a 55g tank and a few days ago they started to show signs of ich very apparently.

I read about ich and the options and I wanted a quick fix and I read a lot of people were successful with quick cure, however raising the temp and doing salt treatment is more natural for the fish... and whether or not quick cure destroys the bio filter is debatable?

Anyways... I began treatment last night for the 55g, and when I woke up today I have already seen noticable signs of the ich fading away... it seems to have infected at least one other fish so I figured I would treat the whole tank.

Some people say to continue medicating the tank 48 hours after you last see all the signs of ich disappear... Is this accurate?

The salt + temp method seems to take longer, so that's why I wanted to use quick cure and take a chance with it... So far so good...

So I guess my question is, how long should I be medicating and can someone give me some helpful advice as to when to do water changes?

Going by the directions on the bottle it seems like I can do 3 treatments per day, and after each day I should do a PWC before attempting to do another treatment. Is this accurate?

How many treatments do I do per day and how much for a % of PWC? How can I be sure that it will be gone for good?

Thanks!

Hi, when I used quick cure I did the treatment once per day. I did a 25% water change before every treatment. Everything cleared up just fine. Good luck!

TotallyCoral said:
Hi, when I used quick cure I did the treatment once per day. I did a 25% water change before every treatment. Everything cleared up just fine. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply. I'm just wondering how long I should continue the treatment even after I notice that the ich is gone... Just to assure it's really gone for good?

Well I would do it 2-3 days at least... I too have thought that as well but I think it's always better to be safe than sorry.

mikeybabs said:
Thanks for your reply. I'm just wondering how long I should continue the treatment even after I notice that the ich is gone... Just to assure it's really gone for good?

Generally you'd treat for two weeks in all, even if the ich is gone

I've used Quick Cure with great success and use it for a total of 10 days (spots usually gone in 2-3 days), doing 25-50% PWC everyday or every other day before treatment.

Mr. Limpet said:
I've used Quick Cure with great success and use it for a total of 10 days (spots usually gone in 2-3 days), doing 25-50% PWC everyday or every other day before treatment.

Thanks! I treated them for about 5-7 days and the spots were for after the 3rd day...

Hey I know this is an old thread, but I am using QuICK Cure for my Ich problem. I was wondering, because it has malachite green, will it stain my decor ,gravel or silicone on my tank? Does it work well for a minor infestation?

I have been using Kordon 100% natural Ich attack, should I stop that and go to QuICK Cure? If so, do I need to get out the Ich attack out with water changes?

Any advice on this product would be great! Thank you!!!

Ich:ick

I too have been dealing with ick in my tank new to having fish I was doing the salt and raising the temp but my poor fish were itching I ended up getting quick cure and in a few hrs I saw a difference I've been doing it 3 times a day treatments with 25-50% water change and they are doing so much bett

Back
Top Bottom