How to help bloated betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaBubbles

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My veiltail betta has been having trouble and kept floating to the top, but today he's definitely bloated, and finds himself more on his side and unable to really swim down at all.

How do I correct his? :confused: Thank you very much!

It's been set up for almost 5 months. It's a three gallon tank. The water levels are regular.

I heard a rumor that a deshelled pea works well in getting rid of poop that might be causing them to get bloated? Is this fact?

Deshelled peas indeed work, I feed my fish some tonight. When you say your params are norm, what exactly are they? In a 3g system the smallest numbers can cause the biggest problems.

Boil the peas, and then pop the middle out and mush it, then feed to the betta. I give my bettas peas once a week. What are you feeding your betta normally? How often are you changing the water? No matter what the levels are, in a tank that size, you need to be changing 50% of the water twice a week. :)

Boil the peas, and then pop the middle out and mush it, then feed to the betta. I give my bettas peas once a week. What are you feeding your betta normally? How often are you changing the water? No matter what the levels are, in a tank that size, you need to be changing 50% of the water twice a week. :)

I dont boil my peas, I run them under hot water, does that matter?? I do deshell them, then crush them between my fingers and feed. The fish go nuts over them, does boiling them really make a difference??

You can use the microwave as well for the peas. Just make sure to remove the skins.

On a 3 gal tank I would be doing at least 3 water changes a week. Do you have any live plants? Is it heated?

Back
Top Bottom