How to tell if fin rot is healing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MommyMelzy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 20 gallon tank and I have been treating my fish for fin rot using Kordon Rid Fungus. The first 3 days I used 2 tsp, twice a day. I took out the carbon filter and the fish that are effected seem to be healing but how can I be sure? When should I stop using the treatment and should I do a partial water change? Today is Day 4 :)

I am sorry i meant to get to this.
Tail rot is often caused by bacteria that are not stopped by simple "herbal remedies" or Tea tree oil, or "clean water" (what water in a fish tank is actually "clean????"
This is of course my opinion and i could be wrong to a limited extent, (unless someone wants to put some reference material up where studies have been done. Im sure there is a way to cure certain types of bacteria with only salt and lots of fresh water)
But i like to think of it as, you get sick, the doctor gives you an antibiotic.
Your fish get tail rot or a gaping wound or some body fungus, give them an antibiotic.
People will argue that antibiotics are bad and so forth......
I hope these people realize how many human lives antibiotics have saved since they were invented!!!!

Back
Top Bottom