Hummm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope nothing shall I just feed him to my oscars?
Personally, I have never had a dead fish float in that position, but that doesn't mean its not possible. If you net him and there is absolutely no movement and if he is totally stiff, I think it is safe to say he is dead, but it sure is weird for him to be in that position, so I just don't know.
Even if he is dead, I wouldn't feed him to the oscars. You don't know why he died, so you wouldn't want to accidently pass on a disease to your oscars.

I had a female dwarf gourami die last week in the same position! I thought she was just floating there, mouth up, so I left her for a couple for hours. But she hadn't moved so I netted her and she was dead. Very strange.

I had a female dwarf gourami die last week in the same position! I thought she was just floating there, mouth up, so I left her for a couple for hours. But she hadn't moved so I netted her and she was dead. Very strange.
Maybe it is thing that sometimes happens to labrynth breathers. Interesting.

Mumma.of.two said:
That's what I was thinking. Trapped air making them float upright.

I wish my dwarf gourami died like that. Mine was folded in half stuck to the filter intake lol

Back
Top Bottom