Hurt Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CoralBetta

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Yesterday my Betta was stuck under a sinking Betta log. I don’t know how but he tunneled under the log but wasn’t able to get out. I was taking the lid off and about to lift up the log when he managed to get himself out as I was about to rescue him. That evening he was only at the top of the tank and he would tilt sideways a little. I put a fungus clear tablet by Jungle in. Today he is better. He can go to the bottom and he is sleeping a lot in his cave. I took the log out. He acts like he is hurt. I haven’t seen any cuts or bruises. He doesn’t seem to want to eat. When he is up at the top of the tank the still tilts but not as bad. He will set up against the tank. Is there something else I should do? I’m worried about him.

Sounds like a stressed out Betta. With no visible injuries, about all you can do is turn off the light, keep the water clean and maybe don't feed for a couple of days. Chances are things will get better.

If it's a deeper tank I'd lower the water level. Keep meds going. But make it easy to get to the surface. He's still hurt, and will take some time to heal if things work out right. If he don't eat within a few days try some betta flakes for a min. Maybe an air stone too. Hope he gets better.

Thank you for your help

Thank you all for your advice. It was a lot of help. My Betta acts like he may have clamped fin. The medicine I’m putting in his tank also treats clamped fin. This morning he was hungry and ate one and a half blood worms. I only put two in. So I think he will be ok. Thank you again to everyone who responded. I appreciate your help. :)

Back
Top Bottom