Hurt Pleco not moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ConstantWorry

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I flipped him over to take a picture, he is still alive but barely I think. I came home for thanksgiving from college and my dad said he just started acting like this since the day before I got home (I arrived yesterday night). I have held out zucchini under his mouth and he's eaten it, and he's breathing, but otherwise very pale and not moving much besides readjusting himself and wiggling a bit when I am nearby inside. A water change was done when he first started acting like this, so I didn't change it. Water parameters are pretty good: 0ppm ammonia, 10-20 ppm nitrate, 0ppm nitrite, the only 2 things that are a little off is the pH at around 7.8 and temp around 75, when I usually have kept him at 7 and 80 in the past. I have already begun to turn up the heat for him to get to 80. I have aquarium salt, epsom salt, stress zyme, quick start, and stress coat to work with until petco opens tomorrow morning.

So far, I have added stress coat, kanaplex (in case of infection/parasites), and also a bit less than 1tsp per 5 gal of aquarium salt to aid the healing of the wound.

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpg
    image0 (1).jpg
    255 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom