Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-25-2021, 04:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hurt Pleco not moving

I flipped him over to take a picture, he is still alive but barely I think. I came home for thanksgiving from college and my dad said he just started acting like this since the day before I got home (I arrived yesterday night). I have held out zucchini under his mouth and he's eaten it, and he's breathing, but otherwise very pale and not moving much besides readjusting himself and wiggling a bit when I am nearby inside. A water change was done when he first started acting like this, so I didn't change it. Water parameters are pretty good: 0ppm ammonia, 10-20 ppm nitrate, 0ppm nitrite, the only 2 things that are a little off is the pH at around 7.8 and temp around 75, when I usually have kept him at 7 and 80 in the past. I have already begun to turn up the heat for him to get to 80. I have aquarium salt, epsom salt, stress zyme, quick start, and stress coat to work with until petco opens tomorrow morning.

So far, I have added stress coat, kanaplex (in case of infection/parasites), and also a bit less than 1tsp per 5 gal of aquarium salt to aid the healing of the wound.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image0 (1).jpg
Views:	12
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	322347  

Tags
hurt, moving, not moving, plec, pleco

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com