Hurt Zebra Danio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zebbyboy

Aquarium Advice Regular
First of all I just want to say thank you so much for everyone's advice before on my danio/zebra issue. I bought more zebra danios and the tetras and danios have been getting along GREAT for months now!

I have a 10 gal with 3 neon tetras and 5 zebra danios. Today I noticed one zebra danio's back is arche completly up and it looks like he got injured in a way I don't know how. His fins are fine so there and scales so there is no signs of nipping or abuse from other fish at all and these fish swim in their own schools and don't even bother each other. My question is should I just take the danio out now and replace it or should I wait it out? Or what might be wrong. I do weekly water changes or if at most week in a half and my whole tank/temp is clean.

He seems to be swimming decently. I am he's not lieing anywhere he's swimming around the tank. I will try to get a picture

I would just keep an eye on him and test your parameters to be safe. Crooked spines can mean a serious illness or just a deformity. It may be too early to tell just yet.

Back
Top Bottom