Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-03-2020, 09:02 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hydras in 15 gallon and 35 gallon

Hello all ,
First time dealing with hydras. Any help is appreciated.
I have a 15 gallon planted tank with 2 adult mollies and 4 ,3 month old baby mollies. Also a 35 gallon that is cycled with plenty Marimo balls but no fish.
My plan was to put pregnant mom in the 35 gallon just before she gave birth (and put her back in her regular tank post babies) but I noticed the hydras in both tanks yesterday afternoon and she gave birth last night! Now I am here.
So 15 gallon tank now has about 20 fry plus what is stated above.
I have since ordered Panacur C (it will arrive tmro). I am hoping someone can give me some info on dosage and potentially the best way to treat a tank with fish and babies and to treat tank without fish.

I figured since mom gave birth alrdy and Mollies eat hydras it would be safer to keep fry in the planted 15 gallon tank that has some hydra "protection". As where the 35 gallon tank has no hydra eaters. So I felt the fry would be at more risk in the 35. Does that seem accurate or should I do something different?

Thank you .

Tags
gallon, 5 gallon, hydra, 15 gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com