I beat pop eye!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dimdim

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So this is my first freshwater post, i have a 90 gallon long, with mixed predators, i have a 12 inch bichir, female jag cichlid male con, red tail shark, and a pleco, i had been battling pop eye for some time now. It took my prize 10" male jack dempsey :( then my 6 inch male con got it about a month and a half later!! I did an emergency 40 % water change, and have done water changes daily on the dt about 15%. Ive been doing it for a week, and he can see and his eyes are back in thier normal spots! He seems so much happier now. I conquered my first fishy sickness:)

Very good. Do you use a water changer tube? If not, it must be hard carrying 13-14 gallons of water each day.

Nope lol i slug it, my tank is in a living room and the laundry room is right beside the living room, a continous chain of buckets is my method, takes me about 15 mins to drain and 10 to fill :) i had tested for nitrates right after the discovery and they ready about 80ppm! I have them now between 15-20 and my two plants have exploded since i moved them into this tank when i took down my piranha tank

Nope lol i slug it, my tank is in a living room and the laundry room is right beside the living room, a continous chain of buckets is my method, takes me about 15 mins to drain and 10 to fill :) i had tested for nitrates right after the discovery and they ready about 80ppm! I have them now between 15-20 and my two plants have exploded since i moved them into this tank when i took down my piranha tank
You have a bit big fish for a tank that small, but it's fine. They are very hardy, especially the sharks, they can resist a lot of temperatures. I had shark, they survived in soft/hard water, ph from 6-8.2, temperatures from 50-60 to 70-85.
Amazing fish!

Well its not to bad, i have a total of 6 fish and about 1300 gph of filtration, im working on building up a large size bio filtration system with my rena xp4 and pot scrubbies, the tank looks healither and healthier each week, not sure why he got pop eye, my guess is due to an underlying bacterial infection hes been carrying, hes old, almost 6 years :) then my pleco is about 15 years old !

Well its not to bad, i have a total of 6 fish and about 1300 gph of filtration, im working on building up a large size bio filtration system with my rena xp4 and pot scrubbies, the tank looks healither and healthier each week, not sure why he got pop eye, my guess is due to an underlying bacterial infection hes been carrying, hes old, almost 6 years :) then my pleco is about 15 years old !
I use multiple internal+external filtration systems, such as pond filters.
I have 5000GPH, probably gonna add more or save up to add to the new gigantic tank I am getting.

Good idea!! I have the rena xp4 ac70 and penguin 250 on my 90 gallon :) it does the trick! Looks like u got a reef tank too?

Yes i do have a reef tank, i used to have predators in it:)
Very nice but aggressive fish.
But i am switching it to fresh water. Much easier to take care of.

I agree! I just finished setting up my 40 gallon display and boy oh boy lol lots of maitnence

Back
Top Bottom