I have a question about my betta's fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ainsleythurston

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My betta's tips on his dorsal fin a white.. They are getting color back but I was wondering if that is a sign that he is sick or was sick? He is in a five gallon tank with a heater in it.. I haven't checked the levels of the water for nitrate and such but his water is clear.. I am going out of town and I am going to put him in a 1/2 gallon bowl for about a week.. I am new to all of this and I have been reading up on betta's but some of the info I cannot find.. I already got advice on the ph.. So that is all I am asking.. I will try to post a picture of his tank when I get the chance.. Thanks:D

You are in the wrong forum. This forum is for admin help and technical support. I`ll move this to the unhealthy fish forum in the FW area.

Bowls are for cereal and chili. Get the poor lil guy at least a 3G. ;)

I would love to but I really don't have the time.. I need a gravel vacuum too.. The one I got is to darn big so when I clean the tank for now I put all his gravel in a strainer and put hot water on it and just move the gravel around and such.. I know you guys are going to say get a vaccuum! But do you think its alright for now or atleast until I get the chance to get one?

Oh, it is the pectoral fin not the dorsal, I don't know if its the same thing?

I would love to but I really don't have the time.. I need a gravel vacuum too.. The one I got is to darn big so when I clean the tank for now I put all his gravel in a strainer and put hot water on it and just move the gravel around and such.. I know you guys are going to say get a vaccuum! But do you think its alright for now or atleast until I get the chance to get one?

:eek: Not really.... your biological filtration will be on the gravel (and filter if you have one). Is there a filter on the tank? Heater? Unfortunately, the advice you'll get at your local chain pet store is probably going to vary from what is truly "responsible fishkeeping".

Well dangit! I probably need to start looking for a low powered filtered.. I've read that they do not need a filter if it is just one of them? I change his water every 4 days.. I also think when I bought his gravel it said something to the affect of water absorbant, is that the same thing?

Back
Top Bottom