I need help fast --- ich on tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pckerfreak44

Aquarium Advice FINatic
One of my serpae tetras possibly has ich but on the side of her she has almost like a hair patch. What should i do? i need to figure something out before i have to go to school haha

How are your water parameters (amm/nitrite/nitrate)? Aquarium salt & heat would be the easiest & most natural remedy. A pic would help everyone to figure out what she has (not sure what you mean by a 'hair patch').

Im pretty sure its ich. i put hher in a 5.5 gal by herself and i dont have any time for a pic. And now that shes in that tank i see the little white specs all over her so im almot posative its ich. the hair patch just looks almost like algae growing on the side of her. Ill take pics when i get home later.

Ok! The problem here will be if she has ich, then you will have to treat your entire tank for ich not just her, so moving her to qt isnt going to help much.

"hair like patch" can be a secondary infection (bacterial likely - even though this is often called fungus) due to ich. Clean water & treating the underlying disease (ich) is a start. Often salt to treat ich will also look after the surface infection. If that gets worse, you might have to consider other meds.

Alright two of my serpae tetras have ich so i put both of them in the 5.5 and put ich medication in there. it was the tetra Ick Gaurd tablets. soo ill see how they do in there.

Pckerfreak44 said:
Alright two of my serpae tetras have ich so i put both of them in the 5.5 and put ich medication in there. it was the tetra Ick Gaurd tablets. soo ill see how they do in there.

As already stated, if one fish has ich, unfortunately the whole tank is infected and you need to treat ALL the fish in the main tank.
Here is some info on ich.
http://www.aquahobby.com/articles/e_ich2.php

Back
Top Bottom