I need snail advise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snailmail

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My adopted snail (who I named turtle) has about a 3 to 4 cm crack on his shell that follows a line that starts from the lip of his shell. The previous owner told me it could be from stress because he was separated from his tankmate (a different snail, they did not breed) and since she said he hasn't acted the same. I do not know his exact species but his shell color is a light peach with a hint of coral every now an then, his body (when fully out) is also a peachy coloring and he is semi-transparent (he has what I like to call "markings" that look like squiggles and whatever color he is on it shows up in the squiggles-like when he's climbing on a plant they are tinted green). Is there a way to repair his shell or prevent it from cracking more? He's the first snail I've ever had so I don't know (if it wasn't just a sudden adoption--she needed them out and I didn't want flushed fish on my conscious--then I probably would have done more research before getting one) how to help him... :(

Can you by chance post a pic of the snail? More often than not feeding him calcium enriched veggies such as Kale, will help his shell. Some people also put cuttlebone into their tanks.

Can you by chance post a pic of the snail? More often than not feeding him calcium enriched veggies such as Kale, will help his shell. Some people also put cuttlebone into their tanks.

Since I've added him back to the tank (after ich was through taking a shotgun to my fish), he started to get better and since I've added some salt to the tank he's been doing even better (the crack is going away). Also, there's some sort of seaweed (kale maybe) that he eats and absolutely loves (besides the algae pellet I put in the tank). :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom