I sucked up larry doing a PWC!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tasha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok I was doing my weekly pwc and I sucked larry up with my hose and now he has a area at the front/base of his dorsal fin. Im assuming hes missing a scale or two?!?! I added some melafix to the tank,.... any other suggestions, I feel so bad!! I put him in the breeder tank for a little bit to keep my eye on him .....

:hide: Its a bad pic, but your can sort of see where the white spot it. it wasnt there prior to sucking him up, and IF it was it wasnt near as big

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 144
Aww, poor guy! Lol, he'll be alright. I know someone got a Cory stuck once, and it lived. I'd add some aquarium salt to help heal it as well.

Aww, poor guy! Lol, he'll be alright. I know someone got a Cory stuck once, and it lived. I'd add some aquarium salt to help heal it as well.

Thanks, I did that during the PWC, so covered :) Thanks... Poor guy sure had a ride. My Tube I use to do PWC is 8' long and 1/2" diamater, so it took a bit before he got into my pail.... Hes slowed down his breathing now, and looks a bit more calm...

Lucky he didn't have a heart attack! Lol, keep an eye on him, but he's got a good mama.

I know!!!! I almost had a heart attack, poor guy I can only imagine how HE feels. So far the same hiding out more than normal...I let him out of the breeder, after the first little bit, so I didnt add any extra stress to him...

You little meany!!! J/K
Awww poor little guy.

I feel like one. I dont know why there all so fascinated with the hose, its such a huge thing to keep it from sucking them up each pwc, same as when I vaccum, they all follow it around all over the place.... EEK that wouldnt be good, Larrys lucky I only sucked him up and not vaccumed him!!:eek:

:( This is precisely why I am afraid to use a python and run everything outside, as appealing as it may sound. I'm afraid I'll suck something up I want to retrieve.I hope you little buddy pulls through!

Good luck with his healing. Keep us posted on how he does. I have about sucked up a ghost shrimp or two!

Good news he came up and ate supper and was getting frisky with the ladies a couple times I think he's going to be just fine. ;) I'm just going to keep my eye on the spot he lost some scales on and keep up with the melafix.

Tasha said:
Good news he came up and ate supper and was getting frisky with the ladies a couple times I think he's going to be just fine. ;) I'm just going to keep my eye on the spot he lost some scales on and keep up with the melafix.

Sounds Great!

Poor Larry, makes me think of the scene in Willy Wonka ( I know thats bad But it does) :) Sounds like we can laugh now about it now, hope its all good Tasha

One of my fish also enjoys trying to swim up the Python and down the hose to the sink - so whenever I do a PWC (and not a gravel cleaning) - I take a rubber band and stretch a single-ply paper towel over the opening. As long as you tear off the extra towel below the rubber band, the Python siphons just like normal but nothing can get inside the vacuum.

If you were just going to drain water you could use new panty hose and fit it over the vac part to protect the inquisitive fellow.

Back
Top Bottom