I think my cory. My Cat fish, is dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While test strips should be kept cool, dry and in a dark place, liquid test kits should be too. I have used both at the same time and compared the results. Sometimes they were the same and other times we got different readings. Who knows which test was correct, I didn't have any special probe to monitor water quality to compare it to.

As a general rule, the paper strips should give you a rough idea of what is in the water. If it says you have nitrite, then you probably have nitrite and a water change should help.

Ive always found liquid tests are easier to read and differentiate between one reading and the adjacent readings.

A strip is more difficult to read. One pinkish colour looks very much like the adjacent pinkish colour. But it does give a quick indication of if something is off.

I agree

Ive always found liquid tests are easier to read and differentiate between one reading and the adjacent readings.

A strip is more difficult to read. One pinkish colour looks very much like the adjacent pinkish colour. But it does give a quick indication of if something is off.

I just used my test strips and it is still showing 0,5 Ammonia in all tanks. ph is either 7.5 to 8.0 ph. I can't tell. I'm going to have my fish tank water tested by the pet store, until I can buy master test kit. These test strips are bogus. :fish2::ermm::confused:

I just used my test strips and it is still showing 0,5 Ammonia in all tanks. ph is either 7.5 to 8.0 ph. I can't tell. I'm going to have my fish tank water tested by the pet store, until I can buy master test kit. These test strips are bogus. :fish2::ermm::confused:

That's the problem with bad testers. It's like driving a car with a faulty gas gauge. You may have a full tank or you may have a drop left. In other words, totally useless information. ;) ;) :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom