I think my fish has bloat but not sure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blahblahblah

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 29 gallon fresh water tank( I use Prime water treatment) with some tetra's and 3 small red, white and blue ones. One of the red white and blue one has a big belly and kind of float's. I've read you can use a Epsom salt bath? Can anyone help me fix my fish?

A picture would help but it sounds like a swim bladder issue. How much do you feed your fish, swim bladder issues are usually caused by overfeeding but sometimes it can be an injury.

It keeps fighting to swim down but it keeps floating to the top. He's so small it's hard to take a picture. How often do they poop?

Yeah definitely a swim bladder issue. They should poop every day, multiple times. It should look brown. If it isn't pooping then it's from overfeeding. Your fish is probably constipated. Try feeding cut up cooked peas after fasting for a few days.

it doesn't look fat anymore but has what looks like the same piece of white colored poop hanging out. Now it's hiding in a big rock display.

Back
Top Bottom