iam new and need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kert

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello hope someone has a clue. i have a tropical 60l biorb with inteligent light thing. been set up for over a year.its quite heavily planted.i have 2 glass cat fish,3 neons,2glow light tetras,3 harlequin rasboa,3 rummy nose tetras,2 silver tips,3 female guppys.cant seem to keep males i have 3 freshwater shrimps witch ive had a while, i feed them all frozen fish food one day and flakes the next.they are canny fat well fed.i tried to put 2 male guppys and one female in last week.they lasted 2 days then every day since ive lost a fish.ive been watching them they seem fine then the next day dead,lost all my guppys, now the tetras are dying one by one.all i find of them is a half eaten corspe,did notice befour the guppys died their tails had been nibbled,never had this befour,can the shrimps just turn and hunt them? plz help! dont want to lose glass catfish they are the oldest and biggest.iam proper wounded here:confused:

you'll need to get your tank water tested.

And what water are you using, for how much of a water change?

you've got quite the bioload in that tank. 15 gallons is way too small for that amount of fish. i'd say your ammonia level is quite high in that tank. as cabezon requested, your water test results would be very helpful in determining what's going on.

hello thanks to all who responded,had my water checked today and ph levels are 7.6 also discoverd there has been a spike in the water levels in my area,have been advised to replace about a jug of water per day untill ph levels return to normal.but if fish are still dying get a ph balancing product.errm a question was what kind of water am i useing (the wet kind)...tap water left over night then treated with nutrafin aqua plus conditioner,are there any other creatures to help clean the tank apart from shrimps?with that ceramic media gravel stuff?i know alot of people say biorbs are crap and i agree. but i have limited space for a proper tank,and never had an issue with anything going wrong for about a year.!thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom