ICH!!??!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ankleknee10

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gallon aquarium...It currently contains two odessa barbs, one black spotted filament barb, three serpae tetras, five neon tetras, one swordtail (my other just passed away), and one raphael catfish. My tank has ICH. I just noticed that two serpae tetras, the swordtail and the neon tetras have ich. How do I get rid of it. I just added the serpae tetras and swordtails last week did it come in with them? Anything will help. Thanks!! :(

I have a 55 gallon aquarium...It currently contains two odessa barbs, one black spotted filament barb, three serpae tetras, five neon tetras, one swordtail (my other just passed away), and one raphael catfish. My tank has ICH. I just noticed that two serpae tetras, the swordtail and the neon tetras have ich. How do I get rid of it. I just added the serpae tetras and swordtails last week did it come in with them? Anything will help. Thanks!! :(
Start augmenting the temperature to around 85 on a period of 2-3 days. Do water changes every day or every other day. Vacuum the water every day or every other day. Keep the heat treatment for a week. It should kill the ich. Then lower to 82 and keep doing this for another week to make sure it is fully gone.

I had that problem on January and I treated I successfully, I used Ick Guard (Tetra) with this you don't need to increase the temperature , but if you do increase it it helps to speed the cycle of the parasite

I had that problem on January and I treated I successfully, I used Ick Guard (Tetra) with this you don't need to increase the temperature , but if you do increase it it helps to speed the cycle of the parasite
I wouldn't recommend the use of any medication. It stresses the fish a lot, and the risk of them dying is a lot higher then usual. Also, it doesn't always assure it to be completely gone. And you have to use charcoal filtration to remove the medication after word.

I had that problem on January and I treated it successfully, I used Ick Guard (Tetra) with this you don't need to increase the temperature , but if you do increase it it helps to speed the cycle of the parasite . You have to follow the instructions and treat them 3 days after the last sign of ick because the parasite goes to the gravel and starts dividing and then is when it dies , when is not attached the the fish. . Change 25% of the water every day and then medicate. Remove ornaments because they can be stained . Good luck!

Thank you everybody for the help! I treated the ich with temperature, pwcs, and medication it seems to be going away!!!

Back
Top Bottom