Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FISH-M0NK3Y

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I know there are a lot of posts on here about ich and I'm working my way through them too. I have a rainbow shark with 1 white spot on his tail that has been there for 2-3 days now. No new spots and all of the other fish look good. The shark is acting normal and seems to be breathing and eating fine. If it's ich, would there have been additional spots by now or does it vary? Rather than doing any medication and being unsure if that's what it is, should I just try upping the temp to ?? for a few days and see if it clears up?

I tried to get a picture, but the only time he sits still is when hiding.

I know there are a lot of posts on here about ich and I'm working my way through them too. I have a rainbow shark with 1 white spot on his tail that has been there for 2-3 days now. No new spots and all of the other fish look good. The shark is acting normal and seems to be breathing and eating fine. If it's ich, would there have been additional spots by now or does it vary? Rather than doing any medication and being unsure if that's what it is, should I just try upping the temp to ?? for a few days and see if it clears up?

I tried to get a picture, but the only time he sits still is when hiding.

it varies as different fish have different level of immune system. i've had fish that's got covered with ick and others a few spots here and there.

you should try to raise the temperature to around 85 and dose your tank with aquarium salt.

Back
Top Bottom