Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover3578

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Both my tanks have ich so I'm treating with API super ick and raised tempt to 80. I put my snails in seperate container... How long can mystery snails go without heater my room temp can get to 65 more or less

do u have a small lamp or something u could put by the snails. or a heating pad under there tank

No I could use a bucket. But it has no lid my heater works ok in bucket but is too big for temporary tank.. I may just take them to my parents and set up a 2.5 gal tank for them temporarily. Can snails carry ich ?

No I could use a bucket. But it has no lid my heater works ok in bucket but is too big for temporary tank.. I may just take them to my parents and set up a 2.5 gal tank for them temporarily. Can snails carry ich ?

No snails cannot get ich however they can carry the parasites. Keep them in quarantine for a few weeks till the ich has died off.

You can also have the parasites in your siphon hose and net so be sure to clean everything and dont cross contaminate.

Should I just bleach it all... And won't it just die off if t doesn't have water for a while ?

Both tanks have it I have a 29 gal and a 20 gal I have meds in both. I added an air tube and a heater on low for my 2.5 gal tank I put snails in til ich is gone . I'm using API liquid super ich

I stopped using chems a while ago. Last time I had this problem I just move the fish from one tank to anorher every 12 hours making sure to fully clean the tank after each run. That way the ich eggs never have time to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom